WHAT IS A RECUMBENT BICYCLE?
The recumbent bike in which the cyclist or adopts a recumbent position. The advantages of recumbent bicycles are ergonomics and aerodynamics. Although they are not as popular as conventional bicycles, there are those who say that once you get on a recumbent you will never leave it.
General characteristics of the recumbent bikes
The frame of the recumbent is long, to favor the position and can generally be grouped into two groups according to the position of its front wheel: with the front wheel in front of the pedals and with the front wheel behind the pedals. Each of these configurations has its own advantages and disadvantages. The seat of the recumbents is wide and includes a backrest which varies in inclination depending on the model. As for the material of the painting, the most common is to find them in chromoly steel or aluminum.
Handlebar / handlebar
There are three configurations for managing a recumbent bicycle:
- Handlebars above the saddle – they work in a similar way to the handlebar of a conventional bicycle, in which the movement is directed and controlled through the steering tube of the fork.
- Handlebar under the saddle – the handlebar is connected to the steering tube through a cable system to steer the bicycle.
- Central pivot – in this case, they have no handle and the direction is achieved using the feet to control the turn through a pivot that joins the front and rear of the best bike us.
Generally, the front wheel is smaller than the rear, the idea is that the lower front mass, the less air resistance you have when you want to accelerate, although you can also find the same wheels and can be two, three or four wheels.
There are recumbent designed for use on paved roads that use smooth and narrow covers. However, there are mountain models that use wider rounds. In the same way, the assembly of the wheels varies depending on the purpose of the bicycle. There are recumbents for tourism and tandem that need strong wheels so they are armed with at least 36 spokes.
Mobo Triton Ultimate Three Wheeled best Cruiser Tricycle- The bike is best recumbent bike
The design of the recumbent favors speed and the type of frame allows almost any combination of plate and opinion; so that you can have the speeds you want. In flat terrain or in descent recumbent is much more efficient and faster than conventional.
Advantages and disadvantages of recumbent bicycles
- They are more ergonomic and aerodynamic
- They are very comfortable for the neck, back, and wrists
- These bikes are especially good for long distances
- They are bulkier than a conventional bicycle
- These bikes are more expensive
- They are not the most indicated to circulate in heavy traffic
For whom recumbent bicycles are ideal?
Recumbent bicycles are for those looking for a super comfortable and fun way to travel long distances. It does not matter if it’s a recreational ride, to exercise or to travel the world.