Checklist for bike tours is the great moment of a bike racer and you get all information best bike us-
One thing first: There is not the one or perfect checklist for bike tours and cycling holidays. Therefore, the individual demands, habits, and preferences of the cycling community are best bike us too different, not to mention the different types of bike tours, accommodation, hobbies etc. Therefore, we will not tell you at this point, which camping equipment you should throw in the backpack, which bag soup is best suited for crossing the Alps and whether the camera is allowed or should stay at home.
This checklist is only intended to provide a basis on which to plan your next cycling holiday. The most important thing: Start early with the planning process, because overnight actions often result in hectic search marathons after the beloved headlamp or the pair of replacement thermal socks. Furthermore, it should also be ensured that the whole thing really fits together with you on the bike, and you do not have to send half back to the post office.
So again briefly summarized:
- Plan early
- Luggage at best test drive
- Quietly give space for your own hobby (photography, reading, etc.)
Preparation of the bike
Of course, the nuts and bolts of every major bike ride are checking the bike. To start the bike trip without at least once again check the tire pressure, oil the chain and brakes and circuit to check correct operation would be just stupid and quickly leads to the extended trip to a short trip with expensive return journey or bike tours. So why not take another afternoon, and have a nice beer check the bike from the ground up.
The best solution of Physical preparation for our great trip for bike-
- Check air pressure
- Check brakes for optimum braking performance
- All screws must be tight
Bags & backpack
Here again, it is crucial which tour type was planned. The MTB traveler has no reliance on the annoying luggage rack and anyway does not really know where to mount it. However, if you want to travel longer by best bike us and want to spend every evening in the bare nature, you have to stow a lot of bags on your trekking bike. Two pockets on the front luggage rack – so-called low-rider bags– And the usual bags on the rear luggage rack provide a good basis for this but clearly limit the ride comfort and flexibility. If you prefer to drive only with two bags in the back, a ** handlebar bag ** and backpack, then just pack well and do without some things. Speaking of a backpack: Even if you no longer necessarily need it for stowing, it is always practical and means more space for spontaneous trips to bike tours. Especially helpful are, of course, backpacks with a hydration system, with which one can do without a bottle holder confidently. Models by Ortles and Valued are popular among the bags, backpacks can be recommended by the brands EVOC, Cube and Deter.
Again in the overview:
- Depending on the amount of luggage: low-rider bags and luggage carrier bags
- Handlebar bag as useful storage space and for travel maps
- Frame bag or saddlebag for tools and Co.
- Well ventilated backpack, preferably with hydration system
When it comes to cycling clothing it gets a bit more interesting. Of course, your bike wear is mainly dependent on temperature and weather, and of course, we do not want to stop you from starting a multi-day tour in winter. But let’s start with relatively sunny, mild-warm weather, where the average consumer is most likely to swing his astral body onto the bike.
Regardless of the weather: The helmet must with, and heard from 1 minute on the Kopp. Cycling gloves are always a good choice for off-road riding, making the colder morning hours more bearable. For the ugly case of the rain is, of course, a complete rain gear must.
Rain jacket and rain pants, preferably made of breathable material with a decent water column such as Gore text, are the best bike us clearly recommended here, while the quickly dressed Rainless are sufficient for short showers. For the cycling shoes (which of course you immediately wear) you can think about rain-proof rubber covers to arrive dry at the finish. Otherwise: plenty of functional underwear, cycling shorts and jerseys, a fleece sweatshirt and maybe a few “normal” clothes and shoes, if you do not want to attract attention in the bar and great mission is the bike tours.
- Rain jacket and pants, overcoat for the shoes if necessary
- Cycling shoes and a pair of street shoes
- Cycling shorts (short and long) and bike shorts
- Jersey (long- and short-sleeved), best with practical zipper
- Fleece shirt and sweater (keeps you warm and saves weight)
- Lightweight vest for cooler runs
- Buff or Head Gator if it gets colder
- Socks and underpants (depending on personal wear)
- Otherwise: normal street clothes, hat, sunglasses, swimming trunks (for quick cooling)
Tool for on the way
Maybe the most important things to pack in your luggage. In addition to the mandatory items such as replacement hose and air bike pumps, we recommend for longer tours also pack parts for the brake and circuit, especially cables. A chain driver is also helpful and does his job better than newfangled chain locks.
- Replacement hose and repair kit
- Air pump, best CO2 mini pump, which pumps the tire in seconds
- Multiple tools with Allen key and chain tool
- tire iron
- Care products + cloths
- Spare cables for brakes and shifting
- possibly breakdown spray
There is a reason for the bike tours why such a confusing selection of accessories for the bike – most of it is really useful for long bike tours or cycling holidays and best bike us. Other things are against 08/15 and actually self-explanatory:
- bicycle lock
- Bottle holder + drinking bottle (better: backpack with hydration system)
- GPS computer for easier route finding, otherwise: maps, maps, maps.
- possibly additional lighting components such as headlamp
What you just need:
- Energy bar and other catering in between
- Mobile phone + charger
- ID cards (identity card, health card, money card … preferably with copy)
- Small pharmacy (sunscreen, first aid kit, insect/mosquito repellent, headache tablets, diarrhea, disinfectant)
Tips to save weight
- GPS instead of guidebooks and maps
- Fleece fabrics are lighter and dry quickly
- Even with simple garments such as T-shirts – just weigh it out, it can sometimes expect huge weight differences
- Soap instead of shower gel
- Pants with removable legs instead of short + long
- For the bookworms – e-book readers
Preparation guided tours
For guided tours, it is important to prepare in addition to your own preparations on the tour. That’s why you should pay attention to the following things before you set off:
- Ask the tour guide for important details: Wheels for hire? Detailed routes? Is a bicycle mechanic on the tour? Etc.
- Book early: This makes planning easier for the organizers and assures you of the increasingly popular cycling holidays
- Good fitness: You do not have to be a professional but in good physical condition. Orient yourself by the daily kilometers and difficulty levels
- Take your time: Quite a little earlier go to the meeting point, and after the tour or vacation not immediately get back on the plane. This helps bike tours your body and you can enjoy nature better.
- Thoroughly inspect wheels for renting: Logical! Do the organizers have a bike of my size? Are the tires/brakes alright? Other quirks?