Probably every drive bicycle enthusiast after some time begins to wonder how many kilometers he can drive. It does not matter if you have plans 100, 200 or 300 kilometers in one day. And maybe even 400 or 500? Read today’s entry and check if you are properly prepared to go on tour. We will also know- how to drive a superbike and how to drive a bike in traffic in a state.
How do I know that I am ready to ride bikes?
Do you like the idea of the best travel essentials such a distance? Do you smile when your friends tell you that you are fucked or abnormal? Driving 200 kilometers is not a problem for you? * You realize that there is no such saddle and shorts that will protect you from the pain of heels after traveling such a distance? Are you prepared for “concrete legs”, numb neck and wrists? If you answered all questions affirmatively, it means that you are ready to ride bikes!
* Even if it turns out that you only once beat a hundred, but did not cause problems to your muscles, in my opinion, you can start thinking about setting a new record for 250 – 300 kilometers. The safest preparation is to drive distances usa of 2/3 of the planned record in the season about 3 times (preferably a weekend after the weekend). Such a system will allow your body to get used to the increased effort.
1. Sleep At least two days before the route bicycle drivetrain parts, go to bed early.
Such effort will require you to exercise strength, so it is worth being rested.
2. Put the bike aside. Three days before the planned route, give your muscles a rest. Do it indisputably! In total, put aside any intense physical activity: running, cross fit, etc. Well, I do not forbid sex;)
3. Stretch. An injury is probably the last thing you dream about during such a trip. It is extremely important to spend a minimum of 10 minutes on gymnastics. It is not much but can minimize the risk of injuries to a large extent. Practice exercises before and after departure. bicycle drive by and best cycling tour in your mission.
4. Do not get caught with the hoe to the moon. Set a real average speed and plan stopping places. Driving 300 kilometers with an average of 30 km / h is possible, but probably not for you. Set up a safe average speed of 18-25 km / h. Do not race with anyone. Think like a marathon runner, not a sprinter.
5. Prepare the route in the smallest details. Use side roads with low traffic and good quality surfaces, such as a service road next to the motorway. The smoother the asphalt, the less energy you use to travel the same road. However, a large number of cars that overtake you on the newspaper will make you tense, nervous and lose your driving pleasure. Avoid intersections and other situations when you have to stop. The key to traveling this distance is falling into the so-called “String”. Most preferably you will fall into the rhythm when you use the GPS track. However, what do we know belt drive bicycle vs chain?
6. Develop an emergency plan. You can do this at the route planning level. For example, plan it near the railway line. Maybe there are buses on this route that will take you on a bicycle? Or maybe along the way you will be passing near the house of your relatives or friends. As a last resort, someone can come and pick you up by car. To make the final idea as easy as possible, plan a route based on a ring with a radius of around 50-60 kilometers from the place where you live. For example, bike route planning app will be useful in this regard
7. Prepare the equipment. The bike must be 100% operational. If you rub one of the blocks, do not enter any of the gears or something creaks, your bike should not be called efficient! Under the word equipment, there is also navigation, lighting, tools and spare parts, etc. Everything must be functional and fit the last button.
Learn more and best source of biking- Bicycle versus running advantages and disadvantages to your cycling tour.
My list of items, without which it is not worth going on such a trip:
- Two water-filled bottles (optimally 2 x 0.75L)
- 2-3 reserve cereal bars
- Tire spoons, patches, two spare tubes, multitool, pump. Optional: spare brake / gear cable.
- Additional clothing: legs, sleeves, sweatshirt, rain jacket. Optional: warmer gloves, shoe covers, bicycle sweatshirt.
- Good gloves
- Lights and reflections. The lamps are to have a new set of batteries inserted
- Money (the more the better), a card and a fully charged phone
- Hygiene wipes, min. one packet
- A map refined in every inch best on a mobile device (and a backup power source)
In the case of sunny days: cream with a UV filter of 50 (we lubricate before leaving and during the ride about every 3-4 hours), and obligatorily a hat or a headscarf.
In the case of possible rainfall: light waterproof jacket (not obligatory in the middle of summer)
WHAT ARE YOU NOT ALLOWED TO DO?
- Do not dress new clothes, especially shorts and shoes.
- Do not test new equipment on the route, eg GPS, which you can not use
- Do not change geometry just before departure ( Bike Fitting )
- Do not think about leaving if the bike is not checked or horribly defective
- Do not move out if you have a cold
- Do not get away if you know that the weather will be extremely bad
- Do not cut the sweets alone when you stop.
- Give up power gels and power bars and a big cutlet with three salads.
- Do not drink fizzy drinks in large quantities.
FOOD AND DRINK: WHAT AND HOW?
For breakfast, I suggest you eat a roll with jam and porridge ( Power from the morning or uber porridge ), and the whole drink coffee. Such a PRL breakfast from kindergarten is not only tasty but also gives a solid kick. Sugar contained in jam and coffee will quickly stimulate you. Just in time for you to gather the heavy members together, put them in Lycra, warm up and run the first kilometers. The sugars contained in the oat flakes will be released gradually, providing you with energy for a long time. So, we always take shaft drive bicycle design calculations in our biking.
When you stop at a stop, reach for bananas, student mix, salted sticks, muesli bars, buns. Instead of power gel, you can buy sweetened milk. He can give a good kick, but it should be well drunk. Instead of typical chocolate bars and wafers, choose Snickers. Do not bend with sweets. During my last year’s trip ( 162 km | Tarnów – Skarżysko Kamienna ), after stopping at a stop, I ate: Snickers, Liona, Twixa, donut in chocolate and I drank it with a double Mocca. My stomach ached, and the desire to ride dropped practically to zero. During the longest stop, reach for drive bicycle, salad, dark bread, graham bread rolls, bananas, etc. In short, reach for the normal, filling food. A small note. Do not overdo it with bananas because you get no more benefit.
We reach for snacks systematically, e.g. every 45 minutes. If we feel hungry, it can be done too late. Cutting off energy can sometimes be observed at Tour de France, Pologne or Giro di Italia. It looks like this: the athlete just stops and is unable to go. For me, such a power cut has happened once and I do not recommend it to anyone.
For drinks, I recommend clean water without gas. If I reach for isotonic, I dilute it half and half with water. If I drink it without dilution, my stomach hurts quickly. In general, carbonated and heavily sweetened beverages should be avoided. However, one small can of Cola or Pepsi should not hurt;) For such a trip it is worth equipping yourself with magnesium in the form of “shots”. It should be drunk with about 250 milliliters of water. Use water as often as possible and drink small sips. Drinking a large amount at once will cause a feeling of unpleasant water overflow in the stomach.
WHEN TO LET GO?
Feeling bad? Do you scratch your throat? Earaches? Is the bike out of order? Do you know that it’s raining all day? When you look out the window at 4:00 am, and there is a thick milk asleep in the fog, why not let go of the record-breaking? I’m not saying that you do not have to get on a bike at all. If there is a problem with your well-being, remember that exercise will temporarily weaken your immunity. There is a chance that a sore throat will turn into a throat. When I was going to this year’s picnic. I had a slight cold and a sore throat. I insisted I wanted to go anyway. On the third day, I got fevers and shivers and a terrible cold. When I came back, I spent a week on L4 because of the flu. I was a bit tough, but it was really bad at the time …
Overcoming your own limitations requires not only physical preparation but also a positive attitude. The poor mood can finish off as well as the muscles you’ve trained. Driving on a long distance, like an ultramarathon for some, is a mystical experience. Together with kilometers, we lose some things and we gain new ones. Even if you do not feel it, I guarantee you that you will experience a wonderful adventure. Planning such a trip definitely requires a lot of ambition. However, it is sometimes worth to put it in your pocket, especially when it comes to your own health. It’s a dual drive bicycle is the best healthy life for you.
If you once traveled a similar distance, let me know what you missed the most. You met some interesting action during such a trip, share it in the commentary!